Today, it's so cold and extremely windy. If you look at the Weather app, there's a old range of temps with a low 32 and a high 64. However, it feels more like it in the mid 20's. The wind is whipping through the trees at 34 mph. The trees are swaying vigorously back and forth. I you look at the hammock, it's taking quit a spin. I keep looking out the window praying we don't have any fallen trees. Our property is surrounded by mostly tall pines with a few oaks. During the winter there's not much to look at, but in the summer it's spectacular. The property is lush and thriving. It's so magical. Trees are covered with beautiful leaves and birds are everywhere throughout the property. We have an array of Bluebirds, Cardinals, Morning Doves, Finches, Woodpeckers, Tits, Sparrows, and Hummingbirds. I like to say, we live in a bird sanctuary. 




Today, I woke up with my heart ready to move on from my Facebook group.  Having a blog has been something I've been wanting to do for a very long time. In fact, I stopped posting on my FB group since early December. A few friends even reached out make sure I was okay.  It's not like me not to share. I love to share projects I am working on, new recipes I have tried, gardening adventures and anything DIY. Years ago, I had a blog when I used to craft and make handmade greeting cards. It was so much fun to share my creativity.

To tell you the truth, I went dark. I stopped sharing all together. I was not in a good place and posting on FB was not giving me any joy. You put in so much work, share your heart and had little to no return. It was like people were looking in through the peephole, but never actually ran the doorbell to come in. I thrive when I have friends over. It lifts my spirits. It's one of my love languages. Hosting makes me happy. I love for my friends feel like they are special by cooking for them and giving them my undivided attention. For the past few years, I haven't had many friends visit and I want to change that. I want to create a home where new friends and old friends are always over. Where we can sit on the front porch, walk around the property, sit by the fire with a drink on hand and have lots of talks and laugh until it hurts. 

My hope is that you will ring the doorbell and come in. Whether it's by commenting on my post, sending me a text message asking for more information on things I share or actually ringing my doorbell to visit. Community is so important to me. Creating a network of friends where you can share life with is so important to ones soul. I want you to be part of that community. 


Comments